The firm was founded by John Falzon in the year 1969 under the name Falzon & Co. , after having served in the British Army from 1940 to 1969 with the command secretariat, in liaison with exchequer and audit department, UK.
From 1950 to 1965, John Falzon was the president of the Malta Corporation of Accountants. When the Malta Corporation of Accountants merged with the Malta Institute of Accountants under the name of "The Malta Institute of Accountants" , John Falzon was elected the first President. He was re-elected President of the Institute for the years 1969, 1970, 1974, 1975 and 1976, when he decided to retire and devote more time to the firm. He was also president of the Malta Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators in 1971 and 1972, and Vice President from 1973 to 1980.
Mr. Falzon has officially represented Malta overseas on various occasions. He also chaired a Commonwealth Conference of Accountants held in New Delhi, India in February 1975 and as the conference organisers put it, "his participation lent luster and dignity" to the Commonwealth Conference.
Indeed, Mr. Falzon carries a formidable reputation both as managing partner and consultant of the firm, but also as one of the pioneers of the accountancy profession in Malta. On March 5th. 1999 Mr. Falzon was further honoured at the inaugural of the new premises of the Malta Institute of Accountants, being awarded a silver plaque in commemoration of his presidencies at the institute.
The Firm Today.
HLB Falzon & Falzon has been established as a partnership since 1969, and is now a leading auditing and accounting practice in Malta.
The constant search for better ways of doing things, and the personal attention of partners and staff to our clients' problems, are the main factors that have led to our success.